Move more, eat less!
I am putting my money where my mouth is and registering for the race. So I am registering for the Disneyland half-marathon TODAY. That's $120 commitment. K? B? H??? (or maybe the 5k which is only a $40 commitment and minus the fear of being picked up by the "You are too damn slow!" bus)
So that's for the "move more", what about the eat less? I was doing so great and then it was my anniversary, birthday, Valentines, vacation. I am a walking excuse! No more. I am starting today ~ as soon as I go get some groceries ~ as soon as I decided my dieting path. South Beach? Sparkpeople? Or Weight Watchers? Too many decisions! Could someone just make them for me please? Here's the deal.
- No counting points or calories (or logging food)
- I can eat CHEESE galore (I LOVE CHEESE)
- I get results fast!
- The "no cheating" allowed or you did-it-for-nothing clause provides for great self-control on my part
- It's free of meetings/ fees
- Fast loss= fast gain
- No carbs, frozen meals (Ya'll know I love cake & bread, right?)
- No alcohol
- Hard to accommodate at parties and eating out (and we all know I like to parTAY)
- Expensive to eat this way (meats, cheese, and veggies only)
- 4th Day headaches and low energy make running difficult
- It's totally FREE!
- It's a gradual switch to basically a healthier life style ~which is what I want
- No foods are off limits
- Factors my exercise in with how much I am allowed to eat. Move more= Eat more
- Tracks other healthy needs besides calories: fat, vitamins, fiber, cholesterol, etc. so I move to balancing my needs. Sounds super healthy, right?
- Support from strangers on message boards...a little weird, but if my friends joined wouldn't be so weird.
- Must log ALL foods
- I have been known to cheat, but still lose weight. Oops! I forgot to log that bite, does it count?
- No local friend support or accountability
- I really need the "buddy system" for anything to work
- No foods are off limits, just have to eat more "0 point" food (veggies) to compensate for crap food.
- Factors my exercise in with how much I am allowed to eat. Move more = Eat more
- Weigh in meetings provide somewhat motivational tips but I am with Jen Lancaster (Such A Pretty Fat ~ hysterical memoir, read it!) in that there is entirely too much complaining about cake!
- Accountability at weekly weigh ins
- Must log ALL foods (No forgetting allowed)
- No one I know to do this with me.
- Again....I really need the "buddy system" for anything to work
- Again....Super boring meeting in which ladies whine about cake at work!
- Online tools are expensive =$65 for 3months plus $16/month after
So scrolling back up again it looks like Sparkpeople is the only one whose pros outweigh the cons but it still has a GIANT CON: no friend accountability. What do you guys think? I NEED FEEDBACK in this one, like immediately, so I can hit the grocery store. My cupboards are bare = I don't want to do fast food again! Oh, and I promised Stephen I'd go shopping today, only I can't until I (you) make up my mind about which diet food to stock....HELP!!!