Saturday, February 21, 2009

In Record Time

I finished today's Fat Boy 5K in 40.01 minutes. Pace time = 13 min/mile. Much improved. Yea me! I didn't have to worry about the slowpoke bus picking up today (even though there actually wasn't one). At the end of the race they handed out donuts, beer, and giant sausages. Hysterical. I grabbed a donut (I'm a diet cheater) and a coke and stretched out, whew!

I have to rant for one small moment though. Tall people should NEVER ever stand in front of the time display. Had that giant bald head not blocked the time, I swear I would have pushed myself to have a 39 second time!!! Argh! Oh well, something to look forward to next time.

CLICK HERE FOR RACE RESULTS and I wasn't even last!

There's a Read & Run 5K next Saturday that I am thinking about doing...

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you honey!! Next time under 40 minutes for sure.

    ReplyDelete